What about our client?
Our client is an avant-garde technology start-up in the logistics sector. It was founded in 2015, and since then, the company has experienced strong global growth. It currently operates in 70 cities across different countries such as Spain, the UK, France, and Portugal. Their success is backed by renowned European investors.
They believe the future of e-commerce deliveries is a customer-controlled system that schedules the distribution according to customers’ preferences. Additionally, they approach blends the last mile delivery experience with an environmental-friendly service. They wants to establish a combination of the two as the new market standard. Hence, they ensure customers receive their parcels in a time that suits them most while contributing to sustainability.
Their product ecosystem was designed in-house allowing both technology and operationality to integrate perfectly, delivering parcels more efficiently. This results in unprecedented outcomes, offering their retail clients a competitive advantage whilst reducing the impact of their carbon footprint. Due to previously mentioned reasons, some of the best retailers (Amazon, Inditex Group (Zara), H&M, El Corte Inglés, etc) have chosen them as their exclusive scheduled delivery partner.
In accordance with the corporate values: We Care, We Thrive, We Innovate, they are looking for think-big individuals, people who love to perform beyond expectations, and constantly challenge the status quo.
Development Practices 🤖
Our development principles stand with distributed microservices, cloud-native and serverless in public cloud providers like GCP.
We automate everything from development, deployment, and infrastructure management.
We thrill in cloud engineering, performance analysis, observability, robustness, scalability, complexity control and a deep understanding of low-level details.
We have established a culture of DevOps that helps teams collaborate better and deliver reliable software faster. However, this stays an evergreen challenge; so there is room for improvement.
About the job 👩💻👩💻
We are looking for a network engineer to join our platform engineering team as the first cloud Netops/SRE hire to optimize, manage, and protect our cloud-native best-in-class and fully automated development, staging, and production environments.
- Design, configure and support our global network infrastructure, collaborating across multiple teams to optimize for proprietary low latency applications.
- Responsible for the reliability, availability and network performance of our cloud-based applications.
- Responsible for the technical delivery of the networking solution from high-level design to delivery and transition to service.
- Support and troubleshoot hybrid wireless and wired network environment.
- Take an automated, data-driven approach to diagnose and solving complex network infrastructure issues.
- Leverage automation skills and take a “net ops” approach to improve the efficiency of network management, deployment and maintenance of proprietary applications.
- Propose new cloud networking features adoption.
- Be outspoken in meetings and generate new ideas for the team.
What are we looking for?🦸♀️🦸♂️
If you're a Networking wizard, love new technologies, a hands-on person, a structured change agent and are looking for a new business challenge, then keep on reading…
- Familiar with Google Cloud networking configuration and security capabilities.
- Proven hands-on network and security experience CCNP or higher understanding of networking protocols (e.g. IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
- Hands-on experience with configuring and installing various network devices and services including; routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, QoS).
- A solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network and security diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Thorough knowledge of network protocols and security technologies.
- Familiar with different vendors like Cisco and Unifi.
- Familiar with programming languages such us python and yaml descriptors.
- Familiar with automation tools (Terraform, Git, Ansible, Puppet).
- CCNA/CCNP level of certification is preferred.
- Experience working with Network monitoring tools.
Tell me more
· Remotely option 📍
· Remote ok... but from where? 🌏 WORLDWIDE
If you are interested, don't hesitate to apply and we can talk deepest about it!