Your expertise in defining the tech strategy and leading engineering teams helps us bring our AI solutions to every dental practice in the world so we can increase the quality of healthcare globally.
Our client is changing dental healthcare by automating treatment planning workflows using AI, making healthcare more affordable and accessible for everyone. Did you know dental treatment planning is changing radically due to AI-driven automation? The time of waiting weeks during a crown treatment is over! We are on a mission to eliminate errors in dentistry by improving diagnostic accuracy, and automating treatment planning workflows.
We are currently working on automation of treatment planning for orthodontics, implantology and prosthetics. We have found initial paying customers, and are improving our solutions based on their feedback. Our current platform is stable and ready to scale, which brings us to our current challenge of improving the management of our AI (models) lifecycle. Starting 2022 we’d like to be enabled to more rapidly release updates of our software (some of it has to be compliant to ISO standards for product realization), while continuing scaling the engineering team!
What makes our industry unique is the fact that technology intensity is very high (e.g. intra-oral and X-Ray scanners are present in most practices, 3D printers are increasingly common). This makes the impact of automation in treatment planning & design big and fast. We are mainly working with 3D mesh and volumetric data, which brings very interesting challenges that are also being solved in autonomous driving and manufacturing.
What you will be doing
- Working on the company product- and technical strategy together with the management: our CEO and Chief Medical Officer). We have a close and informal style of management and are always open to new ideas!
- Bringing together our platform and machine learning engineers, to bring our cutting edge AI applications, at lightning speed, to every dental practice in the world. The products you will be responsible for have to uphold the high standards of medical software: to be reliable, predictable, and robust, while on the other hand we invest heavily into R&D. This means you have to create room for experimentation, rapid iteration and transparency.
- Leading and growing our talented engineering team (50-50 machine learning and platform/infra/tooling focussed), and defining our technical strategy. You should be an experienced engineering manager who can guide our engineering team members development, the overall expansion of the team, while assimilating knowledge from machine learning, ML ops, platform and cloud infrastructure into a technical strategy.
The challenges you'll face:
- Maintaining and further developing our engineering culture in our client (which is already in good shape), while growing the team further. More than half of the current technical team has joined our client in 2021
- Improving and optimizing our machine learning lifecycle management, this is a complex challenge, especially within medical AI. We want to enabling faster release cycles and increase automated quality measurement
- Guiding, motivating and challenging our engineering team: personal development for our specialized machine learning, frontend, backend and infra engineers
- Assimilation of multiple highly complex domains (dental, machine learning, platform & infrastructure) into a technical strategy
- 💰 Excellent employment terms
Salary: 100-130K + Bonus (25-50K)
- 🏡 Freedom to work from anywhere you like (and any time you like). We only have a few touch points. Not just because of Covid, we are a remote company by design, and have people working from all over Europe.
- 👩🔬 Dedicated time for hackathons and research, to explore new ideas of your own
- 🎓 Real training budget for books and conferences or anything else you need to grow.
- 🚀 Work with the latest technology, on the front-end of a rapidly changing field in medical
- 💪 Loads of responsibility and autonomy, zero bureaucracy and a chance to make a real impact
- 🏖 Awesome yearly company retreat, and quarterly team events.
- ⛺️ 25 days of annual leave
- 💻 Top-notch gear, and even bigger servers to play with
- 🏄♂️ The company is funded for many years to come, meaning you can have the impact you only get at a startup, but with the job security of an established company.
- 🛬 For all international hackers: Our client is recognized as a visa sponsor by the Dutch government
Our tech stack:
- Models are written in Python with PyTorch and/or Tensorflow
- Applications written in TypeScript (Node and React), Rust and some Java
- We run our platform on Kubernetes on AWS (with EKS)
- We still have to decide which ML Framework we want to deploy: Argo, Kubeflow, etc.
- Strong vision on development of AI products and companies
- Strong technical leadership experience, ideally within a scale-up / start-up environment (both on the people and organization side)
- Proven experience in designing the architecture and infrastructure behind machine learning products in a production context, preferably having dealt with image data
- Background/education in software engineering
- Experienced with recruitment to support the growth of the right team
- Excellent communication skills
- We accept fully remote team members based in a time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3 (-2 to +2 hours of Amsterdam time)
- Ability to fly in for company events 4 times a year (1 week per quarter)
- Previous experience in medical or other regulated field
- Experience working asynchronously with a distributed team
- Experience with managing resources on AWS
Sounds like you? Let's talk!