What about our client?
Our client is an avant-garde technology start-up in the logistics sector. It was founded in 2015, and since then, the company has experienced strong global growth. It currently operates in 70 cities across different countries such as Spain, the UK, France, and Portugal. Their success is backed by renowned European investors.
They believe the future of e-commerce deliveries is a customer-controlled system that schedules the distribution according to customers’ preferences. Additionally, they approach blends the last mile delivery experience with an environmental-friendly service. They wants to establish a combination of the two as the new market standard. Hence, they ensure customers receive their parcels in a time that suits them most while contributing to sustainability.
Their product ecosystem was designed in-house allowing both technology and operationality to integrate perfectly, delivering parcels more efficiently. This results in unprecedented outcomes, offering their retail clients a competitive advantage whilst reducing the impact of their carbon footprint. Due to previously mentioned reasons, some of the best retailers (Amazon, Inditex Group (Zara), H&M, El Corte Inglés, etc) have chosen them as their exclusive scheduled delivery partner.
In accordance with the corporate values: We Care, We Thrive, We Innovate, they are looking for think-big individuals, people who love to perform beyond expectations, and constantly challenge the status quo.
What you will do☝
As an Operational Excellence Manager (OEM) you will be responsible for the quality and development of our client logistics network in existing countries by standardizing and improving operational processes and training local teams. Reporting to the Head of Operations Excellence, you will be part of the fast-growing Global Operations Team with a culture where people thrive implementing disruptive solutions in the last mile.
Your main duties include:
- Evaluating, in detail, current operations from start to finish to ensure that operational excellence standards are met
- Implementing best practices and standardizing processes in all our distribution centres
- Monitoring the results of the changes to ensure they are working
- Making continuous improvements and adjustments to maintain efficient operations
- Partnering with key counterparts across geographies to launch initiatives in a scalable and cost-effective manner
- Supporting new growth initiatives by analyzing efficiency, and improving productivity with partners
- Translating complex business requirements into functional designs
- Identifying, assessing, tracking and mitigating risks at multiple levels
- Driving effective teamwork and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Delivering training to local teams on Standard Procedures and our client systems
What we look for 🕵️♂️
- 2-3 years of experience in onsite logistic operations. Experience in Last-Mile delivery will be an advantage
- A track record of delivering projects under tight deadlines, with limited resources, and in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortability with uncertainty and making assumptions, do not get stuck when there are too many unknowns
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time and work with remote teams
- Hands-on attitude and ready to roll up their sleeves when necessary
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proficient in both written and spoken English
- Any other language will be highly valued
- Customer centricity culture
Tell me more
- 3 available local positions (flexible remote) in the following countries:
- Traveling around 70% of the time
Salary: 50-65k (depending on seniority)
If you think you fit this position, don't hesitate to apply!