What about our client?
Our client is an avant-garde technology start-up in the logistics sector. It was founded in 2015, and since then, the company has experienced strong global growth. It currently operates in 70 cities across different countries such as Spain, the UK, France, and Portugal. Their success is backed by renowned European investors.
They believe the future of e-commerce deliveries is a customer-controlled system that schedules the distribution according to customers’ preferences. Additionally, they approach blends the last mile delivery experience with an environmental-friendly service. They wants to establish a combination of the two as the new market standard. Hence, they ensure customers receive their parcels in a time that suits them most while contributing to sustainability.
Their product ecosystem was designed in-house allowing both technology and operationality to integrate perfectly, delivering parcels more efficiently. This results in unprecedented outcomes, offering their retail clients a competitive advantage whilst reducing the impact of their carbon footprint. Due to previously mentioned reasons, some of the best retailers (Amazon, Inditex Group (Zara), H&M, El Corte Inglés, etc) have chosen them as their exclusive scheduled delivery partner.
In accordance with the corporate values: We Care, We Thrive, We Innovate, they are looking for think-big individuals, people who love to perform beyond expectations, and constantly challenge the status quo.
What you will do☝
As an Expansion Manager, you will be responsible for the quality and development of our client logistics network in new countries launching our services there. Reporting to the COO, you will be part of the fast-growing Global Operations Team with a culture where people thrive implementing disruptive solutions in the last mile and DC operations domains.
Your main duties include:
- Launch new markets in a successful and timely fashion
- Ensure that operational excellence standards are met by implementing best practices when opening warehouses in new markets
- Hire and train local teams in new markets and set the bar high for performance
- Put together an Our client New Markets Launch Playbook with a focus on efficiency, and keep it up to date
- Translate complex business requirements into operational designs
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate risks at multiple levels
- Manage communication with stakeholders at all levels in the organization, this includes C-level, regarding progress, risks, and new markets opportunities in a concise way
- Drive effective teamwork and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Be Our Client Culture & Values Ambassador, while supporting new local teams on-site after and during the launching
What we look for 🕵️♂️
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in expansion / consulting / start-up or similar positions with minimum 2 years managing teams
- A track record of delivering projects under tight deadlines, with limited resources, and in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortability with uncertainty and making assumptions, do not get stuck when there are too many unknowns
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time and work with remote teams
- Hands-on attitude and ready to roll up their sleeves when necessary
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proficient in both written and spoken English
- Customer centricity culture
Don't hesitate to apply and we can talk deepest about it!