Our client, a global leader in digital marketplaces that reaches hundreds of millions of people each month through our household name brands across 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including marktplaats in the Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our teams are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Paris, Barcelona and Amsterdam. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.
Are you an experienced & driven product manager who loves product development, solving user problems and do you have a successful track record in the role? If yes, you should read on - there’s an exciting journey ahead of you!
The product team of our client job marketplace site is looking for a passionate and experienced product manager who will be a key contributor to take our client job marketplace site product to the next level. You will be responsible for managing and prioritizing the product development activity of a cross-functional team and maximizing the value delivered to users, clients and our business.
- Create and execute the Product Vision, Product Strategy, and Product Roadmap of your product team.
- Maximize the Return of Investment (ROI) of the product development effort, constantly delivering value to users and clients.
- Identify and develop new product and service opportunities addressing our users and clients needs and problems
- In collaboration with the Product Director and other stakeholders, co-create and contribute to a product vision & strategy aligned with IJ mission and IJ Product Strategy.
- Define and write user stories to communicate to the Product Team what to achieve, following our scrum framework as well as our client agile principles
- Work strongly in the discovery and delivery phases, ensuring that the developed products and services meet user, client, and business needs and problems and ensuring product-market fit.
- Strive for constant product innovation, ensure a best in class product quality and constantly challenge the status quo for continuous improvements
- Drive lean experimentation and discovery, ensuring the team follows a constant iterative Build-Measure-Learn loop to maximize value delivery, and working with a hypotheses validation mindset.
- Follow a data driven approach for decision making and product development. Use quantitative and qualitative data to feed and prioritize the backlog. Use analytical tools for hands-on approach to data analysis and decision-making.
- Collaborate with our agile coaches, Engineering Managers, and other relevant leadership members to develop a high-performance team.
- Know and follow relevant product-related market developments and competitor activities. Benchmark and monitor relevant key competitors, market players, and new technologies to be up to date with the market and business evolution.
- More than 4 years with a proven record of full ownership of multi-platform products from conceptual ideas to actual launch.
- 4 years of experience working with scrum
- Experimental mindset, with a proven track record on AB testing and other
- experimentation techniques.
- You love the art of product development and strive to make a difference for the company and its customers/users.
- Data driven product development, with experience in analytics/insights platforms (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Tableau, etc.).
- Master communication and negotiation skills with several stakeholders at all levels and you know how to involve them to get people onboard.
- Enough technical understanding within software development so you can communicate well with developers.
- Previous experience working in the Jobs industry or in a digital marketplace will be valued.
- Fluent Spanish & English
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive compensation package
Salary: 60-77k (depending on seniority)
- A unique position in an international and dynamic environment
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- The chance to be a key player in a growing, highly skilled team
- Great colleagues and a healthy working environment
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, choose your phone and computer
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- Free daily breakfast
- 26 days of holiday