Our client, a global leader in digital marketplaces that reaches hundreds of millions of people each month through our household name brands across 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including marktplaats in the Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our teams are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Paris, Barcelona and Amsterdam. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.
The business of our client is mainly driven by six classified platforms. In order to leverage the size of our organization and business as well as scaling and synergy effects, we are looking for a passionate Product Director for our Cross Components team. In this role you will lead the product team, be part of the CPO’s leadership organization and have the responsibility for the overall cross components and convergence strategy and roadmap. You will manage operational and strategic decisions, work closely together with our platforms and align with stakeholders across our whole company. Our ideal candidate will be a fearless product leader with a great level of technical understanding and lots of energy to drive change.
Our client is an international group present in 16 countries, that reach more than 18 million unique users per month: we are one of the top 10 companies with the largest internet audience in Spain! This and our more than 1,000 employees make us one of the leading tech companies on the Spanish market.
As a tech company, we have digital DNA. We love challenging the status quo and we are constantly thinking of new ways of doing things.We work using PEAK Performance, a streamlined way of working based on OKRs, and self-sufficient and self-organising teams. We believe in a culture of feedback and a close leadership style. In short, we create ever smarter solutions to offer our users and clients the best experience.
If you like challenges and believe in the power of connection as much as we do...Join our team!
We are a modern and agile product company with an open mind for change, new ways of working and the desire to always challenge the status quo. Our goal is to shape the future of our industry and extend our market leading positions. Are you motivated, creative and ambitious, do you have a disruptive style? Then read on and get into the process of becoming a part of our client family.
What you’ll do: Responsabilities
- Be part of the CPO’s leadership team, play an active role in defining the vision, strategy and ambition of the overall product function
- Responsible for the overall cross components and convergence product development of our client Spain
- Lead the cross components product team and grow the overall organization to 50+ employees
- Define and own the convergence and cross-component strategy and roadmap, align it with the management team and our client top management and communicate it to all relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for the success of our convergence initiatives and all respective performance KPIs and budget lines
- Follow a user and client-centric approach and ensure a value-driven product development
- Have a good understanding of agile and lean methodologies being able to coach and train your teams
- Secure alignment and excellent collaboration with internal stakeholders such as Tech, UX, Data & Insights
- Have a good market knowledge, understand the competitive landscape and know the industry
Who you are
- 8+ years of product management experience with demonstrated career progression in an agile and lean environment
- Proven experience within the classifieds environment and thorough understanding of relevant products and technologies
- Expertise in defining, aligning and executing product strategies on management level
- Ability to inspire and guide teams with a servant leadership approach, provide hands-on leadership
- Proven track record to take full ownership of products from conceptual ideas to actual launch
- Ability to work with top management and engage with key stakeholders
- Ability to build consensus across multiple functional and business groups
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive compensation package
Salary: 90-135k (depending on seniority)
- A unique position in an international and dynamic environment
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- The chance to be a key player in a growing, highly skilled team
- Great colleagues and a healthy working environment
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, choose your phone and computer
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- Free daily breakfast
- 26 days of holiday